Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

2015 vs. 2014 Rookie WR Crop

Rookie wide outs ran wild in 2014. I believe we are in for a repeat season of rookie receivers making an immediate impact. Nine WR were taken within the first round and a half. Kevin White is my favorite to be the fantasy stud of the class, but really so many guys can make impacts. Who are you liking and not liking in this year's group?

Comments

• mightyheracrossmightyheracross Posts: 314Member

I don't watch too much college ball, but really start to tune in during scouting time to see who's who and what will be coming to the League.

I really like Green-Beckham. If he can fix his off the field issues, I can't wait to see what he will do with Mariota (my favorite QB in the class). Maybe it's just because of what Odell BECKHAM did for me last year, that I think this year's Beckham will be great too, but this guy was the best prospect since Randy The Freak Moss coming out of high school. He's going to be a beast if he stays clean.

Since we are also talking about last years crop, I really love Mike Evans this year. He was pretty darn good last season, but this year will be special. I love the big arm of Winston throwing to him and Vjax down field, and that's where Evans excels! BIG year for him!

• JGuilbault11JGuilbault11 Posts: 160Member

Green-Backham is a stud, great target, and really is a freak of nature when it comes to going and getting the ball. I agree with you there, if Evans can produce with McCown and Glennon, he should be able to improve with Winston. I am curious to see if all these wide-outs help improve some of the younger QB's in the league right away. Newton, Carr, Tannehill, etc..

• mightyheracrossmightyheracross Posts: 314Member

The one caveat with all of this is to just beware and not buy in because of recent success. Last years rookie class- as a whole, not just wrs- was INCREDIBLE. One of the best EVER. Before last season, rookie WRs weren't expected to be major fantasy players. Don't be expecting players who have never played in the NFL before to just produce at top 15 rates. Last year was an anomaly and will not happen every year... That's why we are paying so much attention to it, because it was just that crazy!

Completely agree, I think they fall short of last year's class, but still have a very good year fantasy wise. I also think we see rookie RB have better years than projected.

• TexasShooterTexasShooter Posts: 1,806Member, Response Team ✭✭

Watch out for DeVante Parker. Ran around a 4.3-4.4 at the combine. He is a big, tall receiver with big hands and an AJ type catching ability. Guy seems to catch everything thrown his way. I think he steps in as the #2 behind Landry and see no reason why he doesnt end up being the #1 at the end of the season for Miami.

@TexasShooter Love Parker, I really believe Miami will hold great fantasy value with their passing game.

• JoshShep50JoshShep50 Posts: 191Member, Moderator mod

Speaking of Parker, I love Tannehill with his addition and the subtraction of Mike Wallace. Cameron should fill in nicely for the departed Clay and another second-year wide receiver, Jarvis Landry, should be a nice weapon in the slot.

The wide receiver I might be most excited about out of either class for fantasy this year is Jordan Matthews. With Jeremy Maclin out of town, he should vulture a ton of targets. Fellow second-year wide out Josh Huff becomes interesting as well given the lack of established pass catchers in Chip's high-octane offense.

• dbrzrkdbrzrk Posts: 45Member

Hey Josh,

interesting take on Maclin and Huff...where do you think Nelson Aghalor the rookie WR they just drafted slots in?

• TexasShooterTexasShooter Posts: 1,806Member, Response Team ✭✭

I think you will see Aghalor and Matthews on the outside with Huff manning the slot.

I like Aghalor a lot as well. I should have included him in my previous post.