Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Cafe Response Team is back! Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points -

This Week's Leaders

Who to keep: Peyton, DeMarco, Jordy, Garcon, Montee?

10-team, PPR

In our league, we can keep up to 3 players, depending on when each was drafted the previous year. Quick rundown of the rules: can't keep 1st and 2nd round picks; if you keep a 3rd Rounder, he is your only pick. A 4th-7th allows up to 2 keepers and 8th-16th allows up to 3. Kept players void the round in which they were drafted. Waiver/FA pickups void the round below their PPR ADP.

Here is my locked roster from last year (with voided round):

Peyton (4)
DeMarco (5)
Jordy (6)
Garcon (7)
Kendall Wright (12)
Panthers D/ST (9)
Montee Ball (3)

I am picking 10th in our 10-man league. My initial thought was to keep Peyton and DeMarco but I feel like I need to take advantage of Jordy at that mid-round value. I can essentially keep any two of these guys. Thoughts? Flesh out your reasoning, please! WHIR.

• BlueBlue Posts: 983Member ✭✭

I think you were right the first time.. I hate taking a QB that early and mid skeptical on Murray making it through the year, but I think it still the right move.

• DeeToiDeeToi Posts: 195Member

No Jordy in the 6th? Or DeMarco and Ball in the 3rd and 5th? That would allow me to take the likes of AJ Green, Marshall, Julio, etc with the 10th/11th picks (maybe even Peyton again) with two solid RBs already in the bag. Convince me otherwise! I'm pulling me hair over this and have to decide by tomorrow night. haha

I thought bell was 3 so you can only keep 1, is that not what the numbers represent?

• Huggybear33Huggybear33 Posts: 15Member

Personally I think DeMarco at 5 he finished last year as healthy as he has any previous year which hopefully means he will be starting as healthy if he had a good off season and i think he has a chance to be a top 5 back this year, also Jordy at 6 is a steal for sure will a healthy rodgers back this year that duo will be tough to stop especially with cobb opposite him. nelson always got the majority of the targets

Oh, true. Didn't catch that, since he was a waiver wire pickup...

Ya I like Jordy in the 6th better

• andy117andy117 Posts: 85Member

I'd keep Peyton and Jordy, Murray can't seem to make it through a whole season.

• indeedindeed Posts: 967Member ✭✭

Those are some amazing keeper options. Well done. Manning and Murray jumped out at me initially, but then I realized it is a 10 team league. QBs should slide in the draft. If they don't who cares. Stock up on WR/RB and take a combo of QBs late and mix and match your way to the title. Cutler and Romo should be available late in a 10 team and I love that combo. Cutler has an awesome fantasy playoff schedule DAL, NO, DET (weeks 14-16). That's like fantasy crack right there. Sign me up!!!

With that said I love the Murray/Nelson combo for you.

Thanks, indeed. My thoughts exactly, regarding Cutler. Had my eye on him all offseason and looking for good things out of him. I've been thinking Murray/Nelson lately and looking at reaching for Stafford or letting Cutler fall to me. Possibly a B Marshall and Julio combo with my first two picks with Murray and maybe Reggie Bush/Ryan Mathews type RB2. Good talk. Keep it coming, people.

• rjwhiterjwhite Posts: 35Member, Expert Writers

You can't really go wrong with any combination of Peyton, Murray and Nelson for your two keepers. In a PPR, I probably like Murray and Nelson at their respective values a little more than Peyton, but having such an excellent QB makes winning a whole lot easier. Since it's a 10-team, it probably makes a little more sense to wait on QB and pick up a Ryan/Romo/Cutler type option in the 7-9 range if you can't get a top-three QB in the first two rounds.

• maddog36maddog36 Posts: 326Member

Garcon is a stud too...Murray and Nelson

• JTsportsguyJTsportsguy Posts: 17Member
    edited August 2014

Keep Peyton/Jordy Nelson. All of the other names on this list are valued around the same ADP as 2013, in other words - the point of keeper league success if holding onto a player that you drafted slightly lower than he is projected this season with consistency and rankings. Garcon, Ball, Wright all can be drafted later or comparably to another player - they aren't dominate in their class. I have a ton of info on this topic if you want more.