Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

IDP Scoring....what is the best set up?

The_DarkhawkThe_Darkhawk Posts: 264Member, Community Writers

I'm currently setting up a league for my family, and it's only going to be 8 teams. My 78 year old grandfather, my Mom, my Wife and my brothers wife are all first time fantasy players, and are going to be playing with us. So I'm trying to keep this as BASIC as possible.

Right now we have our rosters set at QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 2IDP (any position), K, DST and 7 Bench

What I'm trying to figure out is what is the best way to set up the scoring for the IDP. What I was trying to do was make it so all players, regardless of position, would be about even. Now I know certain positions will have more tackles, INTS, Sacks etc...like I said I want this as basic as possible so some of the owners won't have to work that hard for their team, but still enjoy the fantasy league.

As far as amount of owners, yes 8 teams is below the average and out of the norm, but this is just a FUN league for some family bragging rights. No need to comment on how 8 teams suck and I should find more owners.

I like the roster set up right now, I think it accounts for about 144 of the player pool, which will allow some good players in FA, and hopefully in turn cause some more involvement for our first timers.

The reason I chose ANY POSITION for IDP is so some of the newer owners don't have to find any specific positions of need, or have to worry too much on strategy.

Any help on the IDP scoring would be great!

Also this will be an auto draft, I just can't expect my grandfather to work a draft applet like ESPN without someone there with him. This way we can help pre-rank his players for him.

Thanks for the help gents!!!

Comments

• The_DarkhawkThe_Darkhawk Posts: 264Member, Community Writers
    edited August 2014

My current IDP Scoring is this

Each Sack (SK) 2

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2

Each Interception (INT) 2

Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2

Each Fumble Forced (FF) 2

Each Safety (SF) 2

Assisted Tackles (TKA) 0.5

Solo Tackles (TKS) 1

Passes Defensed (PD) 2

• SirGrotiusSirGrotius Posts: 50Member

I use the above settings, except Sacks, INTs and Safeties are 4 points each. This makes DL and DBs more valuable, otherwise there's no reason to not take to LBs.

As an aside, if you want to keep things basic (a 78-year old!), why not ditch the IDP? No one really understands it, and the only player that will matter is Watt, since 16 IDPs (two per team) will not show much if any differentiation.

• flotsamnjetsamflotsamnjetsam Posts: 24Member, Moderator mod

Use fftoday.com. They let you put in the scoring system and then it figures out fantasy points per game...going back to the year 2000. Great tool for exactly what you're looking to do. Good luck!

• The_DarkhawkThe_Darkhawk Posts: 264Member, Community Writers