Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online in this Category 0

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

10 Team PPR League-Think I Did Rather Well

ScotScot Posts: 6Member

Number 7 in the Draft.

QB: R. Griffin III
J. Cutler

RB: D. Martin
D. Murray
A. Ellington
T. Gerhart
J. Bell

WR: C. Johnson
B. Marshall
V. Cruz
E. Sanders
H. Nicks
B. Cooks

TE: D. Pitta
Z. Ertz

K: R. Gould

D: Buccaneers

At pick 7 I had either Lynch or Johnson to pick from as my first pick, so I picked Johnson. My second pick was Martin, and my third pick was Marshall. Forth I picked Ellington. So how did I get Murray? Well, Murray was actually the first auto pick of the person drafting at 10. He wasn't there and apparently was unhappy having Murray and dropped him the next day. Like a quick eyed vulture, I dropped Freeman for Murray. I waite until the seventh round to pick my quarter back. I think I did pretty well, even without Murray.

Comments

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 484Member, Expert Writers ✭✭
  • cheesypoofs73cheesypoofs73 Posts: 163Member ✭✭

Wow, insane WRs

Not a fan of RGIII anymore, never fully recovered from ACL, but Cutler is great.
    Good RBs, but even though I love Bell, he'll be splitting carries with Bush.
    Good Job!

• ScotScot Posts: 6Member

I am worried about RGIII myself, but I waited on quarterbacks. Preseason was a disaster for him, must see if there is improvement with him getting use to the new offense. I was a little worried about RBs, since my first pick was a WR. I would usually draft RBs first, but I just didn't have faith in Lynch as much as Johnson.

• duffoholicduffoholic Posts: 87Member

How did Ellington fall in a PPR? And Megatron at 7 in PPR is crazy too! I think Martin might be a dud pick but your grabbing of Murray and Ellington should more than make up for it. You have two guys in the top 5 at WR and then 3 more WR2s that (Sanders could shape up to be a low end WR1!) and I think Ellington will be a top 10-15 RB in PPR leagues. The TE and QB situations aren't incredible but definitely serviceable. Sounds like a bunch of fools you were drafting with! Who drops their first pick?!

• ScotScot Posts: 6Member

He dropped most of his team and picked up people who weren't drafted. I think he was just not happy with the auto pick and didn't think too much about it.

• ccote321ccote321 Posts: 7Member

Johnson was a good choice at 7, and whoever dropped Murray is an idiot. l Though I don't like the way RGIII is shaping up at the moment, but Cutler makes a for a nice backup option this season. Maybe try to make a trade with Murray for a QB?

• BlueBlue Posts: 856Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014

Cutler is my only QB in a few leagues, he is in for a monster season if he stays healthy .