Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

First Mock Draft of the Year

I did my first mock on Yahoo today. Just went in to see what the early ADP's were like, used 2nd overall pick. I'm in a Keeper League so my strategy will be different outside of this mock but here is what I came out with:

QB: Tony Romo (Round 7)
RB1: Adrian Peterson (Round1)
RB2: Melvin Gordon (Round 3)
WR1: Julio Jones (Round 2)
WR2: Brandin Cooks (Round 4)
WR3: Mike Wallace (Round 8)
TE: Travis Kelce (Round 5)
K: Dan Bailey (Round 12)
DEF: NY Jets (Round 15)
BN: Jonathan Stewart (Round 6)
BN: Jarvis Landry (Round 9)
BN: Ameer Abdullah (Round 10)
BN: Jameis Winston (Round 11)
BN: Andre Williams (Round 13)
BN: Terrance Williams (Round 14)

Comments

• JoshShep50JoshShep50 Posts: 191Member, Moderator mod

Not sure how many teams were in the mock, but I'd be a bit uneasy with the wide receivers. Love Julio Jones and the backs as well as Kelce, though.

• TexasShooterTexasShooter Posts: 1,806Member, Response Team ✭✭

I could dig that roster. Looking in the order Peterson, Julio and Romo were drafted. Ima say this was a Standard 10 teamer.

• mikeydub89mikeydub89 Posts: 640Member
    edited May 2015

Yes my bad, it was a standard 10-team!! @JoshShep50

• srlarsonsrlarson Posts: 682Member ✭✭

my suggest....wait longer on QB's and TE's...but really like Stewart as a RB3...thinking this is his year....like cooks on the cheap....and never/Never draft a rookie QB....even as a keeper...in 10 team leagues that are only 1 qb.....treat them like Defenses, other than the top couple....

• BlueBlue Posts: 1,089Member ✭✭

I am not loving the bench situation, however its pretty solid team. On your starters Melvin and Mike W. scare me a bit. Melvin just cost to much for an unknown to me, but then again I never grab rookies, even in a keeper. I rather look for the 2nd and 3rd year break out candidates. Love Mike W. just not the team he is on, AP will be the TD machine in an already run heavy offense. I can see Jarvis Landry actually replacing Mike on your roster a few weeks in to the year.

Knowing the league size now, I'm even more concerned at wide receiver, but otherwise I really like the roster.

Yeah, wasn't sure what path I was going to take in this mock. Personally, I'm high on those WR's. Cooks de facto #1 I think, love Landry's upside and no Wallace, and for some reason, even though run heavy, Bridgewater intrigues me and I think Wallace well be a nice deep threat addition for him, his new favourite target. And Williams mostly because of his Take-It-To-The-House potential, plus he's a Cowboy and 14th round.

I took the advice from you guys and did another mock:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (Rd8)
    RB1: Adrian Peterson (Rd1)
    RB2: Melvin Gordon (Rd4)
    WR1: Jordy Nelson (Rd2)
    WR2: A.J. Green (Rd3)
    WR3: Jordan Matthews (Rd5)
    TE: Julius Thomas (Rd12)
    K: Justin Tucker (Rd14)
    DEF: Dallas (Rd15)

BN: Latavius Murray (Rd6)
    BN: Jonathan Stewart (Rd7)
    BN: Lamar Miller (Rd9)
    BN: Jarvis Landry (Rd10)
    BN: Reuben Randle (Rd11)
    BN: Teddy Bridgewater (Rd13)

I like this one a lot more actually, a few of the same guys fell to me, but I feel the WR corps is stronger. I took one guy early that I'm high on this year in Reuben Randle, not confident in Cruz's knee and Randle has the raw talent (I hate the Giants too lol). As for Julius, late enough for me to feel confident to take him, Bortles has to throw to someone, right? Anyways, if this was my real draft in my Keeper League, I'd be very happy, personally, with this second one

I like this roster much better as well. It is very well rounded and has some depth. Where you got Julius Thomas it will be hard for him to bust, and you could always replace with something off the wire at that point. I think as long as he's nabbed outside of the first 10 rounds he's a worthwhile gamble.

• BlueBlue Posts: 1,089Member ✭✭

Ya I like this one much more, not that the other one was bad by any stretch.. But you managed to improve it quite well, hope draft day treats you this well!

Okay sweet! Thanks, I hope so too haha, same to you!