Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Cafe Response Team is back! Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points -

Christine Micheal = Jonathan Stewart

murphysxmmurphysxm Posts: 361Member, Moderator mod

I have been amazed how much hype Christine has gotten this off season. At some point we have to stop pushing players up the ranks based on "potential" and draft players that have actually done it on the field. For all of you that are using a mid round pick on him enjoy spending the season waiting on Lynch to get hurt while I draft the likes of Fred Jackson, who will score me points......

• rjwhiterjwhite Posts: 35Member, Expert Writers

It all depends on where you get him. I wouldn't consider taking him as an RB3, but I'm definitely looking for upside with my RB4 and RB5. If I went light on the position earlier in the draft, I'd definitely want a more consistent guy with less upside like Jackson over Michael.

• murphysxmmurphysxm Posts: 361Member, Moderator mod

Totally agree at that price, I am just seeing him go in the RB3 range pretty consistently. To me that is just crazy

• dawinner127dawinner127 Posts: 40Member

Yeah I won't be having him as my rb3 but as a rb4/5 I'll let him ride my bench incase something does happen to lynch

• ChibearsChibears Posts: 87Member

Used 9th and 10th round picks in a couple leagues on him as he's now handcuffed to my RB2, Lynch. If Lynch went down, I'd feel comfortable with him as a top 10 RB 4 sure. As it sits, I have Forte, Lynch and Rice in one league and Lacy, Lynch and Rice in another league as RB's 1,2 and 3 with "CMike" my RB4. Pierce is my RB 5 in both leagues.

• Delhomme17Delhomme17 Posts: 113Member

I absolutely love Michael as a dynasty player, but I wouldn't touch him at his current ADP in re-draft leagues. He's going two or three rounds sooner than he should.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 590Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

I agree with the sentiment being shared here. It's the same thing in SF with Gore. I know he had the bad knee injury as a youngster, but he has been very reliable as a pro. I like Carlos Hyde, but he is an RB4 or RB5 as we sit currently.

• canacunacanacuna Posts: 1Member

I draft with 'Hawks-homers... Russell Wilson went #6 overall. Michael went undrafted. Turbin went in the last round (redraft). In a re-draft, he's basically worthless.

• purechinoypurechinoy Posts: 20Member

i agree he is going way to high in the draft. he has great potential but he won't get much playing time unless Lynch gets hurt. With that said...I would pick up Turbin before Michael. He will get some touches along with Lynch.

• gumbyke1gumbyke1 Posts: 108Member

I picked him up last year and rode him on my bench most of the season. Wont be doing that again. Besides, if Lynch does go down, we are likely going to see a committee of Michael and Turbin. Not worth it IMO. I would rather spend the pick on some talented injury prone backs like Stewart or Bradshaw.

• 16FAC16FAC Posts: 388Member

Heck, he's on the waiver in my 12 team league and its a truly savvy bunch!

• MattyNMattyN Posts: 996Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

I would want him if I owned Lynch. But I'm talking last pick of the draft.

If Lynch gets hurt I think Michael takes over as the primary back and Turbin stays on as the change of pace guy.